seasons, love & chroma

seasons, love & chroma

Monday 27 May 2013

Give it up for the season, Give it up for the rain..



A cool wind blows out there
and I've covered myself under the big grey blanket
I can hear the rustle of leaves and branches
And also the fluttering of corrugated sheets over trusses
Even the fan is switched on, which too
Makes a growling sound
Sounds; all those which refers to that of the wind
I can also hear sounds of prolonged thunder
Somewhere far, miles away.
Lifting one end of the blanket, I peep out through the window
There's a sudden flush of light
And then I see the azure blue sky
Which seems to be greying up with clouds,
And turquoise green canopy over the horizon.
I cover myself up once again, wanting to sleep
There's still enough light under the grey blanket
And the hue which I see and sounds which I hear
Takes me down memory lane.
Days when I left to the nursery crying out loud
And lazy mornings of the rainy season
Half awake and not wanting to get up from bed
As a kid, I had always enjoyed the rain
Making paper boats and playing in the slush and floods
When it rained, and fishing, with playmates
But now, I miss all those chores of that of a child
Yes; As now it has started to rain outside,
Let me get some good sleep...

2 comments:

  1. Gud lines..wrote well...
    Even I miss those good days...
    Write more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      childhood memories of rain..
      emotion is universal!

      Delete